Rutgers NJAES Cooperative Extension of Bergen County, New Jersey, helps our diverse population adapt to a rapidly changing society and improves their lives through an educational process using science-based knowledge to focus on issues and needs related to family well-being, agriculture, the environment, and youth development.
Agriculture/Resource Management Key Clientele
- Farmers, nursery and greenhouse growers
- Landscape contractors
- Bergen County Parks Department
- Turf/sports field & golf course managers
- Homeowners and hobby gardeners
- Individuals with mental, physical, social, and emotional disabilities
- Pesticide control professionals
- County and Municipal health officers
- Municipal Parks & Shade Tree Commissions
Educational programs are provided to all residents without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sex, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientations, marital or family status.
4‑H Youth Development Program
The 4-H Youth Development program uses a learn-by-doing approach to enable youth to develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills they need to become competent, caring and contributing citizens of the world. This mission is accomplished by using the knowledge and resources of the Land-Grant University System, along with the involvement of caring adults.